Chronology data should be put on the appropriate chronology page ("Chronology of call letters KSFY") .
Other material must be reorganized into appropriate categories of articles.
KSFY-TV is the ABC television affiliate in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. It broadcasts on ATSC Channel 13 (digital). Its transmitter is located near Rowena, South Dakota. KSFY is currently owned by Hoak Media Corporation of Dallas, Texas.
|Sioux Falls, South Dakota|
|Branding||KSFY Action News|
|Channels||Digital: 13 (VHF)|
|Owner||Hoak Media Corporation
(Hoak Media of Dakota License, LLC)
|First air date||July 31, 1960|
|Call letters' meaning||Sioux Falls|
|Former callsigns||KSOO-TV (1960-1975)|
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
13 (VHF, 1960-2009) Digital: 29 (UHF)
|Former affiliations||NBC (1960-1982)|
|Transmitter power||22.7 kW|
|Transmitter coordinates||43°31′7″N 96°32′5.7″W / 43.51861°N 96.534917°W / 43.51861; -96.534917|
 Station history
In 1970, it bought KXAB-TV in Aberdeen to boost its coverage in northeastern South Dakota. As part of the sale, KXAB's calls changed to KCOO-TV. The two stations were bought by Forum Publishing Company of Fargo, North Dakota in 1975, and switched their call letters to the current KSFY and KABY. KPRY-TV in Pierre was added a year later. In 1982, KSFY swapped affiliations with KXON-TV (now KDLT) and became an ABC affiliate.
KSFY logo prior to 2008Forum sold the KSFY stations to Aflac in 1985. Aflac sold its broadcasting division to Retirement Systems of Alabama in 1996, who merged it with Ellis Communications to form Raycom Media. In 2004, Raycom sold the KSFY stations to The Wicks Group of Companies.
Hoak bought KSFY and its satellite stations in July 2006, as well as KVLY-TV and KXJB-TV (LMA with Catamount Broadcasting) of Fargo and KFYR-TV of Bismarck, North Dakota and its satellite stations. The sale was approved by the FCC on November 17, 2006.
KSFY has been nominated for numerous Emmy Awards in the midwest present and past.
 Cable Status
Some cable systems like CSI Cable in Jamestown are discontinuing the service after January 1, 2009, due to duplication of networks already carried while others do to the demands for retransmition rights. And in some cases both reasons.
KSFY is rebroadcast on the following television stations for these satellites.
|Station||City of license||Channels||First air date||ERP||HAAT||Facility ID||Transmitter Coordinates|
|Aberdeen||Digital: 9 (UHF)||November 19582||19.4 kW||427 m||48659||45°6′22.9″N 97°53′58″W / 45.106361°N 97.89944°W / 45.106361; -97.89944 (KABY-TV)|
|KPRY-TV||Pierre||Digital: 19 (UHF)||January 30, 1976||311 kW||347 m||48660||44°3′7.2″N 100°5′4.2″W / 44.052°N 100.0845°W / 44.052; -100.0845 (KPRY-TV)|
- 1. KABY-TV used the callsign KXAB-TV from its 1958 sign-on until 1970, and then KCOO-TV from 1970 to 1975.
- 2. The Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook says KABY signed on November 28, while the Television and Cable Factbook says it signed on November 27.
Programming from KSFY is also rebroadcast on translator K07QL in Mitchell.
 ABC Kids Notes
|This article may need to be wikified to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Please help by adding relevant internal links, or by improving the article's layout. (June 2008)|
While some stations don't air Power Rangers at all on ABC Kids due to E/I content, KSFY has confirmed they will continue to air Power Rangers as long as ABC carries the show. This is also due to the fact they start ABC Kids at 8:00 AM CST.
 Newscast Schedule
- KSFY Action News Live This Morning from 5-7 a.m.
- KSFY Action News Live At 5:00
- KSFY Action News Live At 6:00
- KSFY Action News Live At 10:00
- KSFY Action News Live At 6:00 and 10:00
- KSFY Action News Live At 5:30 and 10:00
 News Team
- Vacant; News Director
- Katie Taube; Action News Live At 5:00, 6:00 and 10:00
- Brian Allen; Action News Live At 6:00, and 10:00
- Nancy Naeve Brown; Action News Live At 5:00 and Avera Medical Minute
- Mary McKenzie; Action News Live This Morning
- Annie Stensrud; Action News Weekends Live at 5:30, Live at 6:00 and Live at 10:00
Weather Team -
- Phil Schreck; Action News Live At 5:00, 6:00, and 10:00
- Shawn Cable; Action News Live This Morning
- Dennis Kos; Action News Weekends
- Rachel Gabrielesen; Action News Live This Morning
- Annie Stensrud; Action News Reporter
- Jake Iversen; Action News Reporter
- Josh Coan; Action News Reporter
- Erik Thorstenson; Action Sports Live At 6:00 and 10:00
- Jim Nelson; Action Sports Weekend
 News/Station Presenation
 Newscast titles
- KSOO-TV News (1960-1975)
- Eyewitness News (1975-1985)
- KSFY Dakota First News (1985-2004)
- KSFY News (2004-2008)
- KSFY Action News (2008-present)
 Station slogans
- KSFY is for You (2004-2008)
- Get In On The Action, With Action News (2008-present; news slogan)
- Your Action News Channel (2008-present; news/non-news programming slogan)
- Its A New Day, Start Fresh ("Live This Morning" slogan; 2009-present)
- Your Weather Connection... Anytime... Anywhere (weather slogan; 2009-present)
- KSFY website
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KSFY-TV
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KABY-TV
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KPRY-TV
- Query the FCC's TV station database for K07QL
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KSFY-TV
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KABY-TV
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KPRY-TV
- Program Information for KSFY at TitanTV.com